Summary of Experience:
• Extensive experience in recruiting low level, mid level and senior level consultants, H1-B and W2 employees for end Clients, Layer Clients, internal opportunities and Offshore development centers.
• Specialize in sourcing active and passive candidates through traditional recruiting methods as well as non-traditional methods including social media sites and Yahoo Groups.
• Ability to effectively manage an unpredictable and widely varying workload and source across a wide variety of skill pools including but not limited to: VP’s, Program Manager, Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Business Analyst, Developers, QA Testers, Network Engineers, Software Scientist etc.
• Demonstrated networking capabilities and creativity in reviewing resumes, sourcing candidates, conducting initial phone screens, in-person interviews and reference checks.
• Strong experience interacting with multiple levels of staff to effect change.
• Experience interviewing, assisting in the start process, and general training of less experienced staff brought on for recruitment support.
• Experience directly supervising a team of staffing based sourcing professionals and recruiters.
• Extensive experience managing offshore recruiter’s onsite and offsite. Managed a team of up to twenty six offshore recruiters, and a staff of up to thirty employees.
• Experience working in collaboration with HR Department to ensure proper employee processes and support is provided.
• Intake Client Requirements and provide them with qualified candidates by leading recruiting initiatives.
• Extensive experience writing advanced queries.
• Relationship building and liaison for offshore and onshore talent pools.
• Experience supporting Clients such as Wells Fargo, Fremont Bank, Perot, SLAC, Genentech, Chevron, Delta Dental, Blue Shield of California, Amgen, Kaiser (VMS), Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Qwest Communications, Verisign, Visa, Baseline Consulting, Ajilon Consulting, Informatica, Union Bank of California, Veritas/Symantec, B of A, Sony, Disney, Adify, Watercooler and other top clients.
• Experienced in managing and training groups of individuals in the technical aspects of both recruiting and sourcing
• Excellent problem solving, team building, judgment and decision making skills coupled with good verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated Executive Presence with leadership ability.
Awards and Recognition
• MVP of Professional Services
• Recruiter of the Month October 2006
• Recruiting Highest Gross Margin Dollars YTD 2006
• Professional Services Award Outstanding Performance Recruiting 2006
Blackstone Technology Group
January 09’ – Present
• Manage all aspects of contract and contract-to-hire hiring, including devising search strategies, evaluating resumes and coordinating/managing telephone and in-office interviews, reference checks, offers and termination.
• Actively market all our current opportunities via LinkedIn Groups, Twitter, Free Job Crawler Sites, Free job posting websites, Government Employment Websites, WordPress and Yahoo Groups
• Search candidates utilizing Dogpile, Google, Yahoo, LinkedIn, Twitter, IT Job Café, Resume Bucket, Craigslist, Dice, Monster, Hotjobs, University Websites, Candidate Referrals, Personal Database, Company Database, 3rd party vendors and others.
• Strong Linkedin Presence with over 900 Connections with candidates primarily in Northern California and Colorado.
• Created and manage a Linkedin Group: Northern California Jobs. Currently over six hundred members.
• Format and provide professional resume build out services to Consultants.
• Clients include but are not limited to UC Berkeley, SLAC, Fremont Bank, First Republic Bank, Federated Media, Watercooler, Adify, AKQA, Macy’s, Bare Escentuals, Adobe, Qwest Communication, Verisign, Trustwave, JIU, Verisign, PG&E
August 08’ – January 09’
IT Ascent Inc.
Offshore Manager/Lead Technical Recruiter
June 05’ – August 08’
• Responsible for the Recruiting, interviewing and hiring of all employees in the Dominican Republic Offshore Branch.
• Responsibilities included but were not limited to managing the hiring, termination, attendance tracking, and overall performance tracking for every employee of offshore recruitment staff.
• Worked in collaboration with HR to implement and oversee the HR and IT processes for our offshore staff.
• Maintained budget for Offshore Staff & ensured the budget did not exceed offshore budget.
• When not onsite, I provided offshore training via GoToMeetings, IM, Conference Calls and Emails.
• Trained junior offshore recruiters to reach the high level expectations of ITA’s fast paced environment within a limited time frame.
• Introduced different methods of relationship building and negotiation techniques when working with 3rd party vendors in order to utilize, increase and strengthen recruiting support.
• Held daily recruiting meetings to review previous day numbers, daily expectations, requirement distribution, and collaborative team performance.
• Ensured all company policies, processes and procedures were followed while constantly analyzing in order to evolve Best Practices.
• Responsible for creating and executing new recruiting processes to ensure top quality coverage for Client requirements and Consultant care.
• Established competitive sourcing programs utilizing Sourcers, Callers, Builders and Senior Recruiting talent to increase office submittals, quality production and advanced training to junior staff.
• Put together incentive programs to motivate overall higher performance within the office.
• Relationship building and liaison for offshore and onshore relationship between our US Office and Dominican Republic Office.
• Effectively managed Resources and provided clear delegation, expectations, and feedback.
• Provided excellent Customer Service to potential Consultants by providing detailed job descriptions, screening them properly, interviewing and evaluating them for technical and professional contracts as well as full time assignments.
• Full lifecycle candidate management including identification, interview preparation and closing.
• Proactively recruited and maintained relationships with highly sought candidates for Client marketing.
• Worked directly with Account Managers providing qualified candidates for all their requirements.
• Coordinated and prepped Candidates for interviews with IT Ascent Employees as well as ITA Clients.
• Educated Consultants about the Client and opportunity at hand prior to interview.
• Formatted and provided professional resume build out services to Consultants.
• Daily use of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook for resume build-outs, reports, email communications, and Pipelining amongst other tasks
• Heavily utilized PowerPoint as the primary application to produce presentations for Recruiting Team as well as Upper Management.
• Supported Clients such as Wells Fargo, Perot, Genentech, Delta Dental, Blue Shield of California, Amgen, Kaiser, Chevron, Visa, Baseline Consulting, Ajilon Consulting, Informatica, Union Bank of California, Veritas/Symantec, B of A, Sony, Disney and other top clients.
Professional Services – Senior Technical Recruiter / Client Relations Manager
• Responsible for the management of four offshore recruiters based in India.
• Built and managed relationship with third party vendors to increase our teams recruiting support. Managed up to 4 indirect reports.
• Provided Quality Assurance to all submissions made by offshore recruiters.
• Set up daily meetings, training sessions, and managed all incoming requirement submissions to ensure quality submittals and 100% submittal coverage.
• Provided one-on-one training with offshore staff.
• Managed workload and performance for Offshore Recruiters.
• Responsible for sourcing, interviewing and closing positions within our Professional Services Division as well as with the Direct Clients.
• Prepared training documents, screening questions, Client information documents, and sub-vendors lists to assist recruiters in recruiting lifecycle.
• Responsible for implementing strategies to ensure the best candidates were referred and hired.
• Worked directly with Practice Directors and Sales to know what projects were in play, potential project status and project needs.
• Responsible for managing Client relationship for all in-sourcing, staffing and project opportunities.
• Coordinated candidate submittals, interviews, and start details.
• Maintained Client relationship as well as follow ups for potential future opportunities.
• Responsible for assisting in the remarketing of H1B Employees.
• Worked with all consultants, Full Time and Contract to prepare, mentor, and inform them of new or upcoming opportunities.
• Liaison between the different groups within the Professional Services Division.
• Pro-Actively managed pipeline folders and job postings to have Consultants lined up for potential projects.
• Responsible for ensuring proper coverage of all Client Requirements and Professional Services – contract and full-time needs.
• Recruited top level consultants including VP of Sales and Practice Directors.
• Recruited for positions across the board from QA Testers, Administrative Assistants, Marketing Coordinators, Java Developers, Data Analysts, Project Managers, Technical Project Managers, Program Managers, Business Analysts and others.
• Provided fast requirement coverage and met tight deadlines.
HR Generalist / Marketing
• Managed all New Hire Paperwork for W2 Employees.
• Met with consultants to introduce IT Ascent and the consultant process as well as administered and explained benefits to new employees
• Ensured all paperwork was signed and returned on a timely matter prior to consultant start.
• Dealt with consultant issues regarding employment on Client Site and IT Ascent.
• Coordinated medical appointments for TB & Rubella testing per client requirements.
• Ensured that we were complying with our Clients rules and regulations for new consultants / New Hires.
• Recommended, developed and maintained human resource databases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems.
• Developed and recommended operating policies and procedural improvements.
• Assisted with company’s identity, branding and presentations.
• Worked with Offshore designers to lay out the design and interface for IT Ascent’s website.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, Bullhorn, Talent Hook, Monster, Dice, Hot Jobs, Career Builder, Power Point, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkXpress, HTML, Glance Sessions, GoToMeetings, Windows, Macs, PC’s
Freelance Web/Graphic Designer
September 04’ – June 05’
• Assisted in corporate design and development for print material and web development.
Environment: Microsoft Suite, Flash, Power Point, Dreamweaver, Director MX, Photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkXpress, HTML, Windows, Macs, PCS
IT Ascent Inc.
Receptionist / Executive Administrative Assistant
May 04’ – September 04’
• Handled up to eight phone lines at a time as well as general clerical duties: Filing, Faxing, Copying, and mail.
• Responsible for supporting all three managing partners of IT Ascent as well as office personnel.
• Supported Accounting Department with filling, bank deposits and minor payroll.
• Responsible for booking flights for Managing Partners, Consultants, Employees, and potential ITA New Hires.
• Responsible for meeting and greeting walk-in clientele, vendors, job applicants, and other visitors.
• Responsible for ordering and maintaining an inventory of all office supplies.
• Assisted in ITA’s design of Power Point presentations , Posters, Invitations, and any marketing collateral needed.
• Worked with Print Shop to ensure quality print of all required Marketing Collateral.
• Event Planning for ITA consultant events. This included head count, working with vendors and caterers, hiring temporary help, coordinating company theme as well as anything else that was requested.
• Responsible for entertaining high level Consultants and Clients during company events.
Environment: Microsoft Suite, Power Point, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkXpress, Director MX, HTML, Windows, Macs, PCS
BFA in Computer Arts – Academy of Art University, SF CA 2004